Old 25-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Brian

Default mares tail

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , Judith Lea
writes

Thank you to everyone - it has got into my shrubbery and flower beds
from the field next door - would adding washing up fluid help the
Roundup to stick to the plant?
--
Judith Lea

Judith,
Try cutting the stems at a long angle and then smear with Roundup mixed
with a little wallpaper paste. It remains for days and has been very
effective with Japanese Knotweed and every weed I've ever encountered. Wear
throw-away [very cheap] plastic gloves.[not that I bother]. This method gets
under the repellent outer covering.
This paste method is very good with all weeds within wanted plant areas as
there is no drift.
Well worth a try.
Roundup from a farmers' outlet seems much stronger and when last bought
cost about £17 a litre.[smallest available]. Enough to eliminate an acre~~
and doesn't seem to deteriorate when stored.
I have only had to sign the poisons book for Grammoxone which is very
poisonous.
Best Wishes Brian 'flayb' to reply.