Old 25-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Brian

Default Bloody walnuts!

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Or should it be bloody squirrels, I've got walnuts coming up all
over the place, it's happened before

I know, you made almost exactly the same posting in 1996/7!!
You brought one of the saplings up to us and it is doing nicely - no
walnuts yet, though!!!!!!!!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

I fear you will find that growing walnuts from seed will give as
variable results as trying apples from pips.
Good, bearing, varieties are highly bred and not grown from seed. The
wood would be OK but don't rush out for a chain saw~~ leave for 100 years at
least!!
Best Wishes Brian