Old 25-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Brian

Default tomato plants infestation

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Douglas
writes

***************************
The Law is, - cut off the overhanging branches at the border and, since

they
belong to the neighbour, without quarrel tie them up and lower them into

the
next door garden without doing any damage to property or plants.

No.
The law is that you must offer them to the neighbour.

If you have good neighbours, you are lucky , - cherish them and cultivate
them and don't offend them.

And don't dump your trimmings of their trees and shrubs into their
garden without asking them first! ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Kay,
I think you will find that once a TPO has been made then the normal law
doesn't apply. On the other hand I've never heard of a TPO granted on a
Sycamore unless it is very special.
The above aside~~ I once advised, as you suggested [correctly], on the
removal of an overhanging large branch. The problem arose when the cut
surface sprang back to be at least 3' inside the neighbour's property!! Had
we trespassed? The cut should have ended up on the dividing line?
Fortunately, the neighbour made no objections but it could have been
difficult without goodwill. We had removed 3' of his tree from his garden!
Best Wishes Brian