Old 25-05-2004, 09:03 PM
paghat

Default Let's Play "Name That Wildflower!"

In article ,
(Sed5555) wrote:

oxalis corniculata
A bright orange daisy-like thing, shown bigger than life size, three
inches tall:

resembles gazania (Gazania rigens)
sed5555

Thanks-thanks! That's the one.

Thanks again to all helpers. There are so many things that pop up here &
there that I don't know what are, some invasive weeds, some native weeds &
wildflowers, some from wildflower seed mixes turned loose in the
neighborhood over the years. There are a half-dozen kinds of wild
crane's-bills of which I've only identified two with any certainty, & many
dandylion-like flowers that turn to fluff on plants that aren't
dandylions. It'd be so great to have the kind of knowledge, eye, & memory
that would permit one to just look at a meadow & start naming the flowers
one after another.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: