Old 25-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Kate ......

Default Question -

no clubs or anything like that in our area. Nor Mi. where my sister lives and
the pickens are wonderful ( for everyone but me ) My sister, is not the least
interested in the hunt. So no help there. Thanks again, kate

belly wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2004 19:21:59 -0500 in
, "Kate ......"
graced the world with this thought:

Thats one big problem. I have never been able to find one. I hear all the
great hunts of braggers. No one will say where they find them. Only little
hints. Mainly about an elm tree. To tell you the truth, I am not a very good
person to ask the name of any tree. I try hard to learn . Must be looking
in the wrong places. kate

Mushroomers tend to be pretty close-mouthed about where they find
things... they also tend to be like fishermen when they talk about
their bounty. "I got bushels! But, you should have been here
YESTERDAY!!"
Are there any mycological societies (read: mushroom hunting clubs) in
your area? They're usually a fine source of info, and are happy to
take newbies on field trips. They also tend to have an online
presence.
As an aside, a friend of mine put in a gazebo. He surrounded it with
store-bought tan bark (oak, I believe). It rained, a couple days later
he had morels. Go figure.