Old 26-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Fam. Castrodad- Borrero

Default Phal keikei question

Hi guys, I have a Phal (no name) I bought from Home Depot about two years
ago that once it finished flowering started to very slowly form a keikei at
the tip of the spike. The thing is that was over a year ago, and while it
has 3 leaves (working on a 4th) it has yet to develop any roots. Is this
normal? Is there anything I can do to give the plant a little knudge to
start forming roots??

Also, since that flowering, it has not rebloomed. In over two years!! It has
been growing new leaves (dropped about two in the process) and it looks and
feels strong but no new blooms. Can the no-root keikei be influencing this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Angel Castrodad
Carolina, Puerto Rico