Old 26-05-2004, 09:08 AM
good golly miss Molly

Default chelsea

"tuin man" wrote in message
Just back from a very pleasant afternoon at the flower show and thought

it
might be an idea to warn of the crowded ques resulting from increased
security measures.

There was a lot of moaning amongst the crowds and several people were
wondering out loud how else might the RHS have done to avoid such mayhem.
Not a lot I 'm inclined to think. They seemed to be trying all sorts of
detours and so forth, but to no avail.
The real solution, if it can be classed as such, would have been for the

RHS
to behave like an airport and warn customers of the need to arrive at

least
one hour beforehand.
My ticket was for 3;30, but I was lucky to get in just before 5pm.
So, I suggest that if you're heading that way be prepared, with at least a
small bottle of water, or you'll end up dehydrated and once in, having to
suspend your adventure to search out the drinks stall, off which there

are
very few in comparison to the amount of (excellent) ice-cream stalls ...

and
unlike the ice-cream stalls, no bottled-water anyway near the entrance.

Other than that I found 2 show gardens that I kept having to re-visit. I
was fascinated by the National lottery garden (Diarmuid Gavin's) and a

tiny
little thing hidden away behind the picnic areas (so I guess not strictly

"show garden") ; Into the light ; by Alex Trotman.

Is that the salvation army one?
The name sounds familiar.