Old 26-05-2004, 12:11 PM
RoyDMercer

Default sod care

"escapee" wrote in message
news
I suppose I'm coming from a gardener's perspective. Bermuda, to me, is a
deadly
weed. Every year I remove turf. Of the original 2000 sq. ft. of turf, I
probably have less than half that now. I am a gardener, I don't just have

yard with landscape. So, from my perspective, bermuda is not a good

choice. I
also don't have a dog or children. In that regard, the differing opinions

are
fine.

On the other hand, everything else I said about the soil and that junk

they put
under sod is all still valid.

For your situation, Bermuda is definitely not a good thing to have. If you
have more garden than turf, you'll spend too much time keeping the Bermuda
out. I have probably about 1000 sq ft of garden, but about 20,000 sq ft of
turf. I've just learned to live with Bermuda's invasiveness. I run an
edger around my garden beds once per week. Once you get into a regular
routine, it's not that bad. The problems start when you let the Bermuda go
for too long.