Old 26-05-2004, 04:09 PM
dkat

Default Still green...

It appears that you have an upper pond where you have some small water
lettuce (not a plant I would choose for filtering). Use water hyacinths in
there and it will do a remarkable job of filtering your water. From what I
can tell you have bare soil that is at a higher level than your pond. As
soon as this fills in with plants you will stop getting the erosion that is
making the pond somewhat muddy. If you can put in some landscape fabric and
rocks that should help (or how about planting some irises or ornamental
grasses there?). Do you fertilize your lawn? If so, keep it and other
chemicals far away from the pond where there is any chance of run off into
the pond (so the ground the slopes away from the pond should be ok as long
as you are a couple of feet away but ground that slopes towards the pond has
to be treated with real care.

It is a very pretty pond. Congratulations!

"Destroyallx" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.thehvscene.com/pond/

check that out.. i post new pictures of my more than once a week on here..
im making a diary basically of the progression of my pond.
its been a few weeks and my water is still green/murky.. it just wont go
away.. maybe a veggie filter and everything. i just bough more potted
lillies so im waiting for them to come up. and i have a bunch of lillies
that bloomed already.
what can i do about this water clarity... im guessing its time