Old 26-05-2004, 05:02 PM
figaro

Default a vote for Dubaya Bush is a vote for WWIII

It does not appear that this issue can be debated. Too emotional for both
sides.

The Democrats are appalled at the incompetency of this administration and
the damage done to our reputation, economy, justice system, and environment
and the Republicans have this "Patriot at all costs" attitude which prevents
them from acknowledging even the simplest facts which make their team look
bad. There is no movement on either side; no rational discourse.

It used to be that journalists were held to a higher standard. Spin or
personal points of view had no place in the NEWS genre. Just the facts.
But then Rush L. began calling the media LIBERAL which allowed the
conservatives to throw out all previous teachings at journalism school and
attack based on emotion and not facts. Now we have conservative and liberal
media conglomerates that continue to blur the line between fact and fiction.
I judge news stories now by the station they appear on and not the content.

What a sad state of affairs for a country which prides itself on being
morally and intellectually superior. How much further into this pit do we
need to fall before people of reason rise up and take this country back to a
place where all can speak and all can be heard?

Allow each other to have different viewpoints no matter how stupid you think
they are. If we can do this, and ask the other side how they arrived at
their conclusions without spin and without derision, maybe we can understand
why there is such a huge chasm in this country. This "us vs. them" attitude
has to change if we want to become the country we know we can be. Closing
our minds and screaming at the tops of our lungs doesn't seem to be
accomplishing much more than emotional venting.

There will always be differences of opinions because we are all from
different backgrounds, educations, intellect. We are at different points in
our lives; some happy, some miserable. Some are rich, some are poor. Some
seek enlightenment, others seek money or fame. Take this into consideration
when someone says something idiotic. They are probably in a different place
than you are. Allow them the dignity of having their opinion without
resorting to name calling or labeling. We are all trying to get to the same
place.