Old 26-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

Default Green peppers.

I have three green pepper plants that I have grown in a big pot on the
bedroom windowsill (nice and warm and sunny). I just bunged some seeds from
a green pepper my bf was eating in a pot in March on a whim, and now here
they are !

So, I understand I can put them outside in the very sunny spot alongside my
tomatoes (which are already out there, first time of having them so we'll
see if I put 'em out too early) later next month. Question is - do I have to
pinch any side shoots or whatever, like one does with certain tomatoes (I
got "Shirley" ? I think it's called, or maybe that was who grew it - I
bought it as a small plant in a charity shop for fifty pee :-) and a
variety of cherry tomato that escapes me right now). I don't know what sort
of green pepper they are - Sainsbury's specials, I imagine. ;-)

Also, I don't do chemical fertilisers - will these fruiters be happy with
nettle soup ? I got quite abit of that hanging about.

Rachael