Old 26-05-2004, 06:07 PM
William Hill

Default Several words to the wise

I was browsing websites of Orchid Vendors and came upon one that says:
guarantee: ALL PLANTS SOLD AS-IS NO REFUND. As it happens I know this
person--have observed them many times--very light on integrity !!!
However this is not to pick on him (he picks on himself by his
actions) But rather, it is to say: I have been growing & selling
orchid plants for 30 years & have never even contemplated buying
plants from anyone who won't stand behind them!!! When we first
started --My guarantee was: 100% customer satisfaction! Several people
told me I would lose my ---, by giving such a guarantee. After 30
years, I did find one "bottom feeder" who tried to take advantage of
us (did in fact for a while). I know once a plant leaves your
place--you have no control over it's care--GIVE CARE INSTRUCTIONS !!
There will be folks who have problems--HELP THEM TO GROW ORCHIDS !!
(that's what it's all about) If you buy a plant from a vendor who
says: " ALL SALES FINAL" NO REFUND" remember "I told you so" G If
you click on "TERMS" on my website (www.orchidislandorchids.com)
you'll see we say after 7 days we evaluate on a case by case basis
(LAWYERS MADE ME DO IT) I can tell you we PROMPTLY RESOLVE ISSUES BY
REFUND OR EXCHANGE!!! Good Growing, Bill