Old 26-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Pond Diver

Default Looking for Comments from Experience

You could wrap the pipe with heat tape from below the frost line up since
you said you'd have electric out there too. They do this on most mobile
homes and it works well. If you are neat and keep things covered with some
sort of enclosure it should work well. Blowing the water out with an air
compressor before winter sets in is also an option. But in my opinion
would be a PITA.

Oh and whatever you do, use properly installed GFI circuits!!!!

--
Pond Diver

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"KenCo" wrote in message
Benign Vanilla wrote:
The SO approved me renting a trencher so I can run power and water out

the pond. When I mentioned I could T off and put a spigot in the

garden,
she
instantly approved the rental.

Before I do this...Any thoughts? gotchas? wish-I-had-done-this's?

BV.

at least 3' deep for a water line or
have a "hydrant" type pipe at other
end so it can be drained in winter.

My plan to is have an inside valve that can shut it down for the winter,

and
then I plan to open all of the outside valves to allow for expansion.

BV.