Old 26-05-2004, 06:13 PM
chagoi

Default Looking for Comments from Experience

Benign Vanilla wrote:

ent.

There is no way I'll be able to pitch back to the basement. In the backyard
it's a walkout, and for the distance I am going, the end of the pipe would
end up under the house. LOL.

BV.

How far do you have to run it.

you don't need a lot of pitch just try to not have low spots for the
water to pool, esp. if you need to stay ABOVE the frost line.

My city water line comes into the house 5 feet below ground level.
My line to the pond goes out of the house @4' runs 80 feet to 3.5' below
the ground at the pond. At a pitch of 6-8" per 100'.
More than enough to drain properly.

Blowing it out with a compressor is a ROYAL PITA

Chagoi

-- I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death's door