Old 26-05-2004, 08:03 PM
John Bachman

Default Looking for Comments from Experience

On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:46:23 -0400, chagoi
wrote:

Benign Vanilla wrote:

snipped the rest of discussion

Blowing it out with a compressor is a ROYAL PITA

Chagoi

I blow my lines out with a compressor every year and it is a simple
process. I have about 400 feet of irrigation lines, 1" PVC that run
from my house to my garden, also around the house.

My process is to open the faucet at the end of the line and connect
the compressor to the faucet at the other end of the line. I simply
duct tape it to the faucet to get a bit of a seal. Then let her rip
until no more water comes out. Let it set for a while to let the
water collect in low spots and blow it out again.

I have been doing it like this for six years. My water line runs an
average of 6 inches deep and our frost gets down several feet. No
problems so far.

John