Old 26-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Jane Ransom

Default re blackbirds and mulch

In article dN0tc.43$NF6.21@newsfe2-win, Bob Holly
writes
Does anyone have any good tips for persuading blackbirds not to throw bark
mulch over the lawn when foraging in the borders?

Nope - unless you can face suspending models of sparrowhawks all over
your garden!!!!!!

With a large garden and a lot of formal beds, the benefits of weed
supression are being offset by the time needed to clear up each day.

Get used to it and be thankful that you have lots of birds in your
garden. Let's face it, it doesn't take long to use a soft brush on the
lawn to sweep the bark mulch back on to the borders, does it? !!!!!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.