Old 26-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Liashi

Default What are you growing this year?

DaveH wrote in message . ..
I'm always interested to know what others are growing.

Hm, for us, we couldn't get organized enough to get seed so we had to
settle with store brands (sigh)
Tomatoes . . .

Bonnie--well Bonnie says it's their best tomato

Supersonic--Apparently my Dad grew this once, so when he saw it he had
to buy it.

Pink Beefsteak--until this year, I had had no idea tomatoes came in
more than one color than red. This was the only different-color tomato
at the store. It had to come home.

Husky Cherry Red--Cherry tomato. 'Nuff said.

Carrots

Long Orange--Nothing exciting, but my friend has horses. Horses and
carrots go well together. Well. . . . At least, horses like carrots.
Carrots seem to be silent on whether they like horses.

Bush beans--limas and green beans.

suger baby watermelons and suger pumpkins. Pumpkin pie, can't wait.

I might do corn this year. Kandy Korn has been the standard, but I
might try Silver Queen this year.

We haven't tried either of those yet but one of our favorite corns
(that you can find in stores) has been "peaches n' creme" which has
both white and yellow kernels. The name we found it under in Southren
States is "Bilicious" Although online there are even more varients.

And I think that's it, although I'm eyeing a lot more lawn for next
year.