Old 26-05-2004, 09:13 PM
volts500

Default Still green...

"Destroyallx" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.thehvscene.com/pond/

check that out.. i post new pictures of my more than once a week on here..
im making a diary basically of the progression of my pond.
its been a few weeks and my water is still green/murky.. it just wont go
away.. maybe a veggie filter and everything. i just bough more potted
lillies so im waiting for them to come up. and i have a bunch of lillies
that bloomed already.
what can i do about this water clarity... im guessing its time

Nice pond. IMHO, it's all about oxygen. The bacteria that help reduce the
nutrient load need lots of oxygen. Get some serious water
flow/circulation/gas exchange going on. In your case, a submersible
pump/fountain in the middle of the pond may work. Otherwise it looks like
it wouldn't be real difficult to add a (much larger) homemade bio/mechanical
filter with spray bar at the top of the waterfall and hide it with more
rocks/plants. A larger pump/tubing may be in order if you do that, though.