Old 26-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Attn chemistry buffs: alcohol

Reka wrote:

Well,actually, my pharmacist is the first one I asked, and he said he can't
get it. There are however quite a few things you can't get here that you
can in the States. Matter of culture, I suppose. :-) Did see DONUTS at the
autostrada rest stop this year. Can't stop unhealthy, good food from
traveling across borders, I guess.

So what do you use for cleaning scapes and cuts? Or for an
injection site? Here a nurse (doctors don't do anything) will wipe down
your arm with a little isopropyl alcohol before giving a shot, and they
used to soak metallic instruments in it (now they autoclave everything -
can't autoclave your arm).

Of course you probably have something better over there. No
donuts? DOH!!!

Hope someone proves me wrong and I can find it here somewhere. To the
dismay of my mealies!

Dish soap, or a window cleaning solution (or both together) work
ok. I suppose you've tried that already. Horticultural oil will work
too. Unless of course you can't buy oil, either. *grin*

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open for business - e-mail me for a list of
minicatts and oncidiums )