Old 26-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Franz Heymann

Default chelsea

"tuin man" wrote in message

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote in message
om...
In article , tuin man
wrote:

Diarmuids garden is inclined to evoke a smile and on closer

inspection,
the
planting design is superb.

I haven't seen it, but watching the tv series - particularly last
night's conclusion - I got this impression. All the attention of

the tv
was on the creation of the baubles, but one got the increasing
impression that the garden was really a very fine piece of

planting,
which we barely saw discussed.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address

Not wishing to be to picky, it was the design of the planting and

not the
planting itself to which I was referring to as superb.
Overall, I thought the garden a masterpiece and it takes quite a bit

of
talent to employ a ludicrous gimmick which fails to detract from the

rest to
the point of redundancy.

I have to disagree. The garden was very well designed and executed,
with the exception of the coloured baubles. Without them, it would
actually have deserved the prize it was awarded.
What are we to expect in a modern garden, an unmade bed (of the
sleeping-on type)?

[snip]

Franz