Old 26-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Brian

Default Name of Plant?

"Tracey" wrote in message

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
OK .. how big is 'big'? What is the growth habit? - ie is it a bush or a
tree or a smaller plant with a stem, or do all the leaves come on stalks
from a central point?
If you are sure they are about to flower, waiting till you have flowers
and describing the flowers to us in detail would be helpful - plants are
related on the basis of their sex parts (plants of the same species have
to be able to breed with each other) - ie their flowers.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Sorry, I wasn't very good with the description! It's a smaller plant, not

bush, tree or shrub, and the leaves (about 5x9 inch)all come from a

central
point, with one big flower bud coming up through the middle. I'll see

what
the flowers are like and post again.

Thanks!

Tracey

This seems even more likely to be Verbascum. Would be nice to hear when

you have verification. I think you will find a tall 'spire' of rather
insignificant yellow flowers eventually.
Best Wishes Brian..