Old 27-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default Free C02 regulator

On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:42:24 -0500, "Kevin"
wrote:

A third possibility related to #2 happened to me. Too much activity in the
pop bottle pushed the yeat mixture into the tank. A couple 50% water
changes over 3 days and adding some charcoal to the HOT filter fixed things
up. No fish losses.

By activity, do you mean just the yeast reacting quickly and causing
the mix to expand? Never saw that, but I usually kept the mix at
least an inch or two below the bottle cap / airline.

My usual procedure (from when I was using a yeast system a few years
ago), was to prepare the mix, let it sit uncapped for a few hours,
until the water was down to room temp, then connect it to the tank.

I'm a horrible procrastinator. The yeast method would only work for
me for about 2 weeks. Then I'd forget to mix up a new batch, and the
tank would be without CO2 for a few weeks. That's why I like
pressurized. I literally forget about it for several months at a time
without any problems.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua