Old 27-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Kate ......

Default Question -

Oh my goodness, are you the lucky one. Can't help you with the cooking. I have never got that
close to finding one to worry about how I'd eat it. . My mother did something like this ......
dredged them in egg , then cracker crumbs and fried them in butter. Talk about yummy. Kate

steve wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message ...
Can anyone tell me how to id a dead elm tree. I have heard for years,
you look for dead elm trees to find morels ( mushrooms ) in an area. Any
help will be appreciated. kate

Must be be my lucky day then, I found some fresh morels growing in my
yard, I'm not much of an mushroom person but from what I hear it's a
very coveted mushroom. They were growing underneath spruce pine trees,
no elms in sight. I checked it out carefully to see if its the real
thing and not a poisonous false morel, and yes it seems to be the real
mcoy, So anyone here know how I should cook them, or can I eat them
raw? thanks.