Old 27-05-2004, 01:08 AM
RichToyBox

Default This new pond is more darned fun!!

The rocks would make it harder to do. They would need to be moved out of
the way. As for the pond expert, I am a firm believer in partial payments.
The memory of most contractors gets very short one they have the money. As
for expert, that is two words. Ex is a has been. Spurt is a drip under
pressure.
--
RichToyBox
"pixi" wrote in message
Thank you Rich. How I wish you lived next door!!

This pond is lined with rocks. So would it still be possible to do this?

wouldn't mind losing a few inches in length because the way it is now, a

lot
of the shelf is out of the water. If the water was raised a mere six

inches
the shelves would be covered and the pond would look several feet larger
both by width and length.

I think I am going to have to find another way of getting it (the skimmer)
raised other than to rely on this socalled landscaper. He claims he can't
remember agreeing to raise the skimmer and I haven't heard a word from him
for a month although he said he would get back to me.

To top it off, he claimed that the first pump I purchased had too small

an
outlet to do the job. It was probably about an inch and a half, although
the literature claimed it would move 3500 gallons an hour.

So I agreed to buy one from him which he just happened to have in the

truck.
It wasn't box and there was no literature with it but he said he would

bring
the literature and warranty.

This pump, which really pushes the water and makes a beautiful waterfall,
usually won't start until it's been plugged in for five or six minutes.

Or
maybe the pump is working, but the waterfall doesn't show up for a period
of time.

Last fall, when first put in, it worked right away. I have called this
socalled landscaper but he has not bothered to return my calls. I think
I've been taken to the cleaners.

I don't know if I have a legal recourse or not. The only proof I have of
anything is the check I paid him with.

Anyway, enough weeping and wailing. Do you think it would be possible to
raise the liner? I guess if the rocks were cleared away from the end

where
the skimmer is located, it would be possible.

Thanks again.

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
I raised my skimmer and the opening in the liner with it. It was hard

work.
I had to push the skimmer about 6 inches into the pond to get 6 inches

of
elevation of the liner. With the pond half full of water, the force
required to lift liner and push skimmer was not for the weak of back. I
lost about 6 inches off the length of the pond, but gained many gallons.
--
RichToyBox
"pixi" wrote in message
Ha!! Had a landscaper finish putting in the pond I had started. The
skimmer is too low so that the shelves along the edges are mostly out

of
the
water. He was so far behind in his work last fall that I told him I

could
wait until April to get the skimmer raised. He has had a severe

attack
of
amnesia regarding the subject and has put me on his list.

In any case, I have been told by someone that once the liner is cut

for
the
skimmer, it cannot be raised. Is this true? Can't a patch be placed

over
the old hole and a new one cut??? Or am I being naive again.

Thanks a bunch. You great people have helped me a lot.