Old 27-05-2004, 04:16 AM
Go Fig

Default Murky pond water

In article ,
unspokenchaos wrote:

The water is green, we use a mechanical pond filtering system. As far
as the size, I would guess somewhere around 1000-1500 gallons. We
have koi. Let me know if you need any other info.

Give a look at this manufactures web site for some info on UV
filtration.

http://www.tmc-ltd.co.uk/Pond/introduction.asp

They make very good units, especially the:

http://www.tmc-ltd.co.uk/Pond/pro-add.asp

A UV will clear your pond of green water for good.

jay
Wed May 26, 2004

Thanks so much,
John

"Snooze" wrote in message
.com...
"unspokenchaos" wrote in message
om...
I have a pond which has recently (the last week), become quite murky
and I can't see the fish. We had stringy type algae about 2 weeks
ago. I am fairly new to this pond. It has also rained a lot in the
past week. Any help would be great!

Could you describe the color of the murkiness? If it's brown, it could be
suspended mud. If it's green it's most likely suspended algae.

What kind of filtering are you doing? Describe your pond filter system.

Snooze