Old 27-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Jim Warren

Default product ideas

Chris wrote in message
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype

stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar

product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't

find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would

appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

A bit off topic for some of these NGs, but have you thought of designing a
digital camera that is easy for a left-hander to use. There must be a few
southpaws out there who would like to photograph their
car/bike/horse/catch/bloom and find the assumption that they want to work
the shutter with the index finger of the right hand inconvenient?

Actually, what is needed is a design for controls that are equally
convenient for either hand.

Jim