Old 27-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Ray

Default Specimen Size Plants

The biggest problem is finding decent containers. OK, finding room for them is an issue, too.

Those that have grown out of the center into a doughnut configuration are a challenge - you can
either wait and home they fill in or deem those as the dividables.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
k.net...
All,

Compared with many of you, I am a relative newbie, having grown orchids for
only 5 years. I have lots of plants that are now coming into their own, but
I also have some very large Catts.

Some of our Catts are too large now for 10 or 12" pots, and it's time to
repot. I can divide them, but there are a few that I'd like to keep intact.
What do you all do when they get this big and are very healthy? What about
rot in the center? I grow Catts in rock or Aliflor, or a combination of
both, so I don't have a problem with bark rot.

All advice welcome and appreciated!

Diana