Old 27-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Ray

Default Several words to the wise

That's pretty much my policy, too. Besides, it's the "helping others" part of the job that makes it
worthwhile for me.

In the 10 years I've been selling on the web, there have only been a handful of folks I've had
problems with:

One guy emailed me complaining that the plants he bought "a couple of weeks ago" were infested with
insects. In fact, the purchase was over six months prior, so when I pointed out that 1) I haven't
seen a bug in my GH, and 2) a lot can happen in 6 months, he was thrilled just to get some guidance
on getting rid of the critters.

A recent one was a goodie: someone ordered some plants, but when filling in the order form, "forgot"
that he had recently moved, entering the old address. Fortunately, the new resident refused the
shipment so I could get it rerouted (at my expense).

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"William Hill" wrote in message
om...
I was browsing websites of Orchid Vendors and came upon one that says:
guarantee: ALL PLANTS SOLD AS-IS NO REFUND. As it happens I know this
person--have observed them many times--very light on integrity !!!
However this is not to pick on him (he picks on himself by his
actions) But rather, it is to say: I have been growing & selling
orchid plants for 30 years & have never even contemplated buying
plants from anyone who won't stand behind them!!! When we first
started --My guarantee was: 100% customer satisfaction! Several people
told me I would lose my ---, by giving such a guarantee. After 30
years, I did find one "bottom feeder" who tried to take advantage of
us (did in fact for a while). I know once a plant leaves your
place--you have no control over it's care--GIVE CARE INSTRUCTIONS !!
There will be folks who have problems--HELP THEM TO GROW ORCHIDS !!
(that's what it's all about) If you buy a plant from a vendor who
says: " ALL SALES FINAL" NO REFUND" remember "I told you so" G If
you click on "TERMS" on my website (www.orchidislandorchids.com)
you'll see we say after 7 days we evaluate on a case by case basis
(LAWYERS MADE ME DO IT) I can tell you we PROMPTLY RESOLVE ISSUES BY
REFUND OR EXCHANGE!!! Good Growing, Bill