Old 27-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Still green...

"Go Fig" wrote in message
snip
For years here, some posters here have singled out UVs for this
'natural' argument, I don't get it... what could be more unnatural than
an electric water pump ??? UV is a natural occurring action on all
ponds, natural or ornamental.

snip

I'll bite on this one, but first let me say I am not against UV. I think UV
clarifiers have a place in ponds, when desired. Hell, I've thought of
putting one in, but I prefer the more natural method of letting the pond
establish balance. Yes, my pond takes longer to clear then my neighbors with
UV, but mine is clearing because I get a balance of going and the pond
begins "to take care of itself" so to speak. I like the sense of that. I dug
a hole, I threw some water in, and now the critters are coming to roost.

BV.