Old 27-05-2004, 05:14 PM
K Barrett

Default Specimen Size Plants

Or use an inverted net pot of appropriate size in teh center of the doughnut
to provide air to the interior of the plant and repot into a larger
container, if yu have one. Center the inverted pot over the drainage hole
of the larger pot. plop the plant over the inverted pot. Builds the triceps
too.

K barrett

"Ray" wrote in message
The biggest problem is finding decent containers. OK, finding room for

them is an issue, too.

Those that have grown out of the center into a doughnut configuration are

a challenge - you can
either wait and home they fill in or deem those as the dividables.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
k.net...
All,

Compared with many of you, I am a relative newbie, having grown orchids

for
only 5 years. I have lots of plants that are now coming into their own,

but
I also have some very large Catts.

Some of our Catts are too large now for 10 or 12" pots, and it's time to
repot. I can divide them, but there are a few that I'd like to keep

intact.
What do you all do when they get this big and are very healthy? What

about
rot in the center? I grow Catts in rock or Aliflor, or a combination of
both, so I don't have a problem with bark rot.

All advice welcome and appreciated!

Diana