Old 27-05-2004, 06:15 PM
D Russell

Default tomato plants infestation

"Douglas" wrote in message

"Vicky" wrote in message

snip
BTW my garden is in the shade of a large sycamore tree [lots of

expletives
and shaking of fists in direction of tree]. It attracts all sorts of

pests.
Fortuantely, it also attracts loads of birds that feed off the pests but

my
garden is a cloud of greenfly at the moment and these tiny caterpillars
(about 10-15mm in length) are another by-product. No I can't take the

tree
down - it's in a neighbours garden, has a protection order (bloody weed)

and
we could only get persmission to take off a few overhanging branches.

Vicky

***************************
The Law is, - cut off the overhanging branches at the border and, since

they
belong to the neighbour, without quarrel tie them up and lower them into

the
next door garden without doing any damage to property or plants.

snip
Doug.

The Law is a little more clear on trees with protection or preservation
orders, cut them at your peril. Large fines can be imposed and I believe
custodial sentances on repeat offenders.

Having said that I am amazed that any council would issue a protection order
on a Sycamore, there are not exactly rare, native, pretty or terribly useful
to wildlife.

Have you checked to ensure that there really is a protection order ?

Duncan