Old 27-05-2004, 07:19 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default tomato plants infestation

"Vicky" wrote in message
I have some small caterpillars on my tomato plants and was wondering about
the best way to get rid of them. I'd like to do it without chemicals.

One
reason is that I am growing the tomatos myself to try to prove a point.
I've developed an intolerance to shop bought tomatoes in recent years and
want to find out if it's the chemicals that are used in their cultivation
that are causing the problem.

Pick them off by hand - and reflect as you do this why (most?) commercial
tomatoes are kept bug free by chemicals.

Spraying takes a few minutes.

Hand clearing takes a lot longer.

Do get rid of them - I had a couple on my tomatoes last year and thought
that there were plenty of tomatoes to go round. However they went and
munched small chunks out of loads of tomatoes and spoiled them so this year
there will be no mercy.

Cheers
Dave R