Old 27-05-2004, 08:28 PM
RichardS

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

"Robert" wrote in message
Sue wrote:
: I've been enjoying the programmes, although I'd rather have had Monty
: Don presenting than Mr Smugmarsh, but two other things have
: particularly jarred every time I've watched:
:
: a) Charlie Dimmock's wooden way of reading anything out to camera and
: b) that flipping awful theme music! :-/

I agree with you about the blue fencing and decking man! Why not a real
gardener but I ask myself is Chelsea for real gardeners?

hmmm, on that note, would you class Hampton Court as a show that would be
genuine interest to 'real' gardeners?

Reason I ask is that we're considering going - it's only a couple of miles
down the road from us - and persuading my parents to come down fromYorkshire
for it as well. (related question - my father can't walk long distances any
more without a great deal of pain in his legs, is he likely to find places
to be able to rest there? Don't smoke, kids, it'll kill ya...)

Although I'm enjoying watching the coverage of Chelsea I can't really say
that I'd be tempted to go. Altogether seems like a lot of hard work and a
long day out...

--
Richard Sampson

email me at