Old 27-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Still green...

"Andrew Burgess" wrote in message
YES!!! Very important point. UV clarifiers are NOT filters. If anything

they
just contribute to the bioload of the pond.

Hows that. I can think of few things that deposit more bio-load than a
pond full of suspended algae. When it is finally starved of a food
source and dies away, it settles to the bottom of your pond

Why do you think that? I think it just rots away. What do you have,

redwood
or cedar decay-resistant algae? :-)

Our ponds are a delicate cycle of adding organics, processing organics,
lather, rinse and repeat. Once Algae enter the pond, they become part of the
cycle. Dead algae in the pond, are dead organics in the cycle and add to the
load. Just as we scoop leaves out of the pond we also want to remove other
organics.

Now I am not saying UV contributes to a pond like a forest full of maple
trees. I am simply making the point that UV clarifiers are supplemental to
filters, they are not in themselves filters. They do not remove A from B.
They kill A and leave it in B.

BV.