Old 27-05-2004, 10:06 PM
wendy7

Default Specimen Size Plants

Diana, larger than 10 or 12 " ? Hmmm..... Ok you could buy a few of the
ordinary hanging plastic plant pots & drill extra holes for drainage. Don't
get white,
the sun rots them quickly.
I take some wire & make a circle to fit around under the lip of the pot
& fasten.
Then when you connect your wire hangers, loop around this wire. It gives it
reinforcement.
They would look nice on your Lanai, I see you with Hunter Green or
Terracotta?

Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Diana Kulaga wrote:
All,

Compared with many of you, I am a relative newbie, having grown
orchids for only 5 years. I have lots of plants that are now coming
into their own, but I also have some very large Catts.

Some of our Catts are too large now for 10 or 12" pots, and it's time
to repot. I can divide them, but there are a few that I'd like to
keep intact. What do you all do when they get this big and are very
healthy? What about rot in the center? I grow Catts in rock or
Aliflor, or a combination of both, so I don't have a problem with
bark rot.

All advice welcome and appreciated!

Diana