Old 28-05-2004, 12:23 AM
HTH

Default Foam Fractioners & Plant Dirt

John,
FF's do not work well in fresh water aquariums but they do work in
ponds. (esp if one adds a bit of salt)
A few years back one of the koi/pond magazines (perhaps KOI USA) carried
a DIY article on them.

An article regarding a DIY FF by Larry Lunsford can be found at
http://home.netcom.com/~larry_l/foam_fract.htm Larry has written
numerous articles regarding Koi & ponds.

I was just wondering if anyone who was using one could tell me if the
generated foam trapped any escaped plant dirt.

Howard

alderman wrote:
HTH wrote in message ...

Greetings,

Does anyone know if foam fractioners will help to remove dirt particles
suspended in the pond water?

HTH

From what I understand, foam fractionators do not work very well in
fresh water. They may get the big stuff out, but I dont think you
will get crystal clear with one.

john