Old 28-05-2004, 01:13 AM
StanDan

Default What would you do?

I have a stepped garden. On the middle of three levels there is a three foot
wall with the upper layer beyond it. Immediately before the wall is the
middle layer which is currently lawned.

The wall is damaged but too expensive to repair due to it holding up a
higher level of garden.

I want to cover the wall up and have dug out 8" deep gulley 1' wide along
the base of the wall with the intention to make it into a bed. I intend to
put a layer a lawn sand in the bottom then a layer of compost then topsoil.
The rest is THICK clay.

I then want to plant some EASY CARE plantlife that will provide some colour
to the garden and that will cover the wall quickly!

I was thinking a variagated ivy at each end, some quick growing conifers
(that grow to 3') and then some colours. This is where I come unstuck cos
plants ain't my thing!

Does anyone have any ideas? What would you do?
Anything will help and will add to my drawing board!

Thanks in advance,

Standan