Old 28-05-2004, 05:09 AM
John T. Jarrett

Default Using Neem for Insect Control

Hmmm...just moved from Austin to Houston and the mosquitoes are
definitely different...and in fact Houston has quite a few different
species. They haven't started up yet really this year, but I'll have
to keep an eye out to see if they work better on some than others.
Kinda like the Mosquito Magnet :/ works great in some places but not
others.

Thx,
John

"Mike Prager" §kill-spam§mprager@§alum.§mit.§edu wrote in message
John T. Jarrett wrote:

of Neem oil in a little trial bottle of hand
lotion makes the itching stop immediately. Even just mixing it in

little spray bottle with water and spraying my clothes helps keep
mosquitos away without putting DEET on my skin.

It's known to repel some mosquitoes, but not all genera. If
memory serves, it doesn't work on Culex, the ones most common
around here. I have tried it as a mosquito repellant here
near the coast and near salt marshes and Neem is remarkably
ineffective for that purpose.

I do find it useful for insect infestations on plants.

Mike Prager
Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)