Old 28-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Clueless indoor herb-gardener... help!

writes:

As for switching the balm for verbena -- hmm, maybe so. I've found the
balm to have a pleasantly citric flavor, but I've never tried to grow
verbena. I'm loathe to stop growing the one perennial I have which
seems to be doing what it's supposed to, though.

Keep your lemon balm and enjoy it. Lemon verbena is more of a shrub
compared to lemon balm; it grows to four feet tall (or more) and has a
woody stem, more like a small tree-like shrub. It would do better as a
potted plant than in a box with other herbs. At least that's the way mine
is.

My attitude is to keep doing what works. If the lemon balm is growing
well, no need to replace it, just add another plant.

Glenna