Old 28-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Jeff

Default Soding the lawn

"RoyDMercer" wrote in message ...
wrote in message
I just did my lawn over using sod. I laid down 6 inches of top soil and a
bit of fertilizer before finishing with the sod. I finished this 5 days

ago
and now I am starting to see dry spots all over. Mostly concentrated where
ends meet. Should I be concerned or just wait it out while doing the usual
watering, etc?

Any suggestions?

Sod will dry out easier at the edges because it is not generally placed very tight and it exposed to the air. Depending on the size
of the lawn, the amount of work you want to do, and how much topsoil you might have left, you may consider placing/raking/shoveling
some extra topsoil between the sod pieces. That helps greatly in preventing the ends from drying, but it is a lot of work.

Jeff