Old 28-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Kate ......

Default Question -

Thank you for the information. Good to know. I have seen these but never ate them.
Nor known anyone who did. Only, about someone who knew someone , who did. kate

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On Thu, 27 May 2004 18:39:14 -0500, "Kate ......"
wrote:

I have hear others say they liked the puff balls. How do you prepare them? Kate

Slice 1/4" thick. Fry in butter until golden brown. Pig out.

They can also be used as a substitute for mushrooms in a recipe.

They should be pure white throughout. If there is the slightest bit
of yellow/brown when sliced through the middle-- discard.

Jim