Old 28-05-2004, 01:02 PM
charles krin

Default How to keep raccoons away

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:36:23 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

But isn't it true that there exists some "heavy" gas that will tend to
collect at a lowest elevation? I don't remember exactly what carbon
monoxide does, but it's possible that I've also heard that it sinks
(compared to say something like helium which obviously wants to rise).

The question is whether CO is one of those gases.

Is not...Oxygen (O2, molecular wt 32) will settle slowly...Carbon
Dioxide (CO2, molecular wt 44) settles fairly well...Propane (C3H8,
also molecular wt 44), settles well enough to cause major problems if
a leak occurs.

ck
--
country doc in louisiana