Old 28-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Second pump for a bottom drain.

"Mickey" wrote in message
I have been toying with the idea of putting a submersible pump in the pond
to act as a bottom filter. I already have a Savio skimmer with an external
sequence pump, should be pumping about 3000GPH. The second pump would act

as
a bottom filter and a fountain maybe to power my floating turtle. How

often
do you think I would need to clean the pump to keep it from clogging?

Depends on how much falls into your pond.

Currently, I have a small 200gph pump circulating the water near the surface
of the pond. I am hoping that bouncing the water around will help cut down
on my algae a bit. Anyway, every 4-5 days, I have to clean the screen on the
input as it gets nearly totally clogged with algae and plant matter.

BV.