Old 28-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Larry Dighera

Default Fogger?

On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:51:45 GMT, Doug Bolton
wrote in Message-Id: :

I recently purchased a home humidifier that seems more suited to indoor use for
Orchids than the usual ones I've tried.

It's the FamilyCare HV760. Holds 3.8 litres. There's also a 7.6 litre version.
This is an impeller humidifier. It produces cool mist (more like a tiny spray as
it's not really fine enough to define as a mist) by, I'm guessing, agitation. No
nasty wick to maintain. The water here is very soft so I've had to add about 1/2
teaspoon of baking soda to get it to work. Working well now in a 6x12 room. Cost
$30cdn so it's quite inexpensive.

Didn't want anything that produced heat so the warm mist types were out. Early
days but it does seem to work. As I believe Ray said, creates a bit of a mess on
the floor with the water spray so I've put it in an open plastic tub.

I can recommend the ultrasonic model D204 (available he
http://www.mainlandmart.com/humidify.html at $39.50 shipping included)
for maintaining humidity in a warden case. If you fill it with RO
water, there's no problem with dissolved solid build up. The built in
humidistat isn't too good, but it's easy to add a commercial on in the
line cord.

Perhaps this one could be adapted:

http://www.fairradio.com/comisc.htm
HONEYWELL DEHUMIDIFIER CONTROL as used in home dehumidifiers.
Plastic element tape senses humidity and opens normally-closed 120
VAC contacts; has variable control. 1.8x4.5x1, 1 lb. #H46A1103,
unused, $2.95

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,