Old 28-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Eaten sunflower seedlings !

"Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat" wrote in
:

Something has eaten the nice first two (and only) leaves off my three
sunflower seedlings (about two inches tall). Just the leaves, nowt
else. Another one, which came on earlier, which is about four inches
tall, has not been touche

If it were my garden I'd say slugs - in fact probaly just one slug that's
hanging about somewhere close at hand - look under pots and check in the
late evening when they come out to munch.

They will often eat small seedlings first - can't be bothered to climb up
the taller ones - or eat leaves but leave tough stem.

But be wary, because once they've eaten the little ones, they usually
decide to go on to the taller ones. :-(

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill