Old 28-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Ignoramus14990

Default How long does it take compost to decompose?

In article ptvtc.1166$IB.994@attbi_s04, Bob wrote:

"Ignoramus29645" wrote in
message ...
Composition: dry brown leaves, green grass all mixed with

chicken shit
and a bit of sod. The pile is about 4x4 feet wide and 2 feet
tall. Would it be realistic to expect it to rot by the next

year?

I will be adding more stuff as this year goes on, and would

like to
know if at some point I should stop adding to the current pile

and
start a new one, to have one pile ready to top dress the lawn

and add
to the garden. The pile is located in shade in the bushes (to

be out
of sight).

I keep adding to a pile until it is full. I then start on the
next. When I need compost, I remove the top, uncomposted material
and add it to the second pile. Then I take the compost. Continue
adding to the second pile till it is full, then repeat the
process.

What do you mean by "full"???