Old 28-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Bob S.

Default What are you growing this year?

Marcella Tracy Peek wrote in message ...
Only 30?!? The mind boggles ;-) Our garden is confined to the upper
deck. Everything is in pots so the deer and other critters can't eat it
all.

Maybe someday we'll have a fence and a moat and who knows what else and
will be able to plant a garden in the actual dirt ;-)

marcella

I put up an electric fence around my garden. Five strands of wire, the
bottom one 6" above ground and the top one about 7'. I haven't had
deer or rabbits in the garden since I put it up. However the coons
crossed it for the corn but they didn't bother anything else.
I hear all kinds of stories about how high deer can jump, but I guess
they don't want in my garden bad enough to expend the energy. (no
snide remarks ;) )

Bob S.