Old 28-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Bonnie

Default firebricksv safe for fish ponds?

Tony Rivas wrote:
can anyone advise if firebricks are safe for fish ponds? i made a pond with
a one foot deep plant shelf, but my plants need to be up a little higher in
the water. i put the flower pots on old firebricks i had laying around the
yard. i waws wondering if they are made of anything that would leech out and
harm the fish. Any thoughts on this?

Tony

sorry if this is a duplicate post, am having trouble posting today...

I've been using bricks in my pond for years - some regular
bricks and some firebrick. These are baked clay similar to
clay flower pots which are also safe for the pond.
It's the unbaked clay or concrete that you must worry about.
--
Bonnie
NJ