Old 28-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Beeb Chelsea coverage

The message
from "Nick Wagg" contains these words:

"Robert" wrote in message
Sue wrote:

...but I ask myself is Chelsea for real gardeners?

Chelsea is to gardeners as fashion shows are to those who
wear clothes.

Sorry, don't agree. The show itself is packed with fascinating plants,
ideas, exhibits and information .It's only the TV coverage, which fails
to address the needs and interests of gardeners.

We went to the first Galloway Garden Festival at Castle Kennedy last
weekend. A glorious venue, lovely weather, and every nursery, grower etc
for many miles around displaying and selling plants to a high turnout of
gardenlovers. Not many "furniture and knicknack" stalls, but we shared a
B and B with the salesman from one of the few, who said his sales were
so fantastic that he'll be back next year, and all the other
stand-owners had found the same.

Janet.