Old 29-05-2004, 03:02 AM
Alex Ng

Default climbing rose on cedar hedges?

Hi,

Can you please explain what is the different between rambler and
climber? Is it just a fanny name for climber or is there a major different?

Thx.

Anonny Moose wrote:
Hi,

Got an idea. The cedar hedges that seperate b/w my neighbor's property
are getting too boring. So, I thought about buying climbing rose that
will climb onto the cedar hedge to give it some colour. But when I look
at the climbing rose bushes, the rose branches are actually quite thick
and I wonder whether it will collape the cedar hedges down.

So, is climbing rose on cedar hedge a bad idea?

I'd think you'd want a rambler not a climber and it might be pretty
interesting in the cedar.
Check Paul's Himalayan Musk at Heirloom Roses:
http://heirloomroses.com/cgi/browse....at=17&item=264

I have one growing into a tree in my yard - blooming now, and is spectacular
draping down from the high branches.